15 Character Quotes for Leadership Success
Let these character quotes and sayings inspire you to reflect on the qualities of a character. As many famous people have written, your character is one thing you always want to be aware of. Your character determines your reputation.
Character is ones precious jewel. It’s the sum total of a person’s values, beliefs and personality. It is reflected in our everyday actions and behaviors. Character is what defines us as individuals and differentiates even the most identical twins. It is quiet within but makes a loud noise outside.
George Washington once affirmed: “I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most valuable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” Being honest takes character. Being successful is all about character. No great person has ever been great without character.
1. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”— Abraham Lincoln
2. “Leadership by deception isn’t leadership. It’s fraud.”― DaShanne Stokes
3. “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”– Bruce Lee
4. “The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and how he treats people who can’t fight back.”– Abigail Van Buren
5. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters”― Albert Einstein
6. “Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.”– Abraham Lincoln
7. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.”– Zig Ziglar
8. “We aim to develop physique, mentality and character in our students; but because the first two are menaces without the third, the greatest of these is character.”— Joseph Dana Allen
9. “If you will think about what you ought to do for other people, your character will take care of itself. Character is a by-product, and any man who devotes himself to its cultivation in his own case will become a selfish prig.”– Woodrow Wilson
10. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”― Helen Keller
11. “I’m tired of defending my character. I am what I am. What you see is what you get.”– Dana Plato
12. “Successful leadership is not about being tough or soft, sensitive or assertive, but about a set of attributes. First and foremost is character”— Warren Bennis
13. “Character is the firm foundation stone upon which one must build to win respect. Just as no worthy building can be erected on a weak foundation, so no lasting reputation worthy of respect can be built on a weak character.”— R. C. Samsel
14. “It is our character that supports the promise of our future – far more than particular government programs or policies.”– William J. Bennett
15. “Character is one of the greatest motive powers in the world. In its noblest embodiments, it exemplifies human nature in its highest forms, for it exhibits man at his best.”– Samuel Smiles
I am the Founder and President of Young Leaders Arena. Formerly I was the Chief Editor and program co-ordinator at Walktall. Author of the upcoming Book; Success Recipe: Start up Tool-kit for exceptional business growth. I have written numerous articles on both leadership, business start up, entrepreneurship. I have served as thought leader in many societies and organisations, including the Forum on Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative. I obtained my post graduate from the prestigious University of Port Harcourt. I also have a Bachelors from the Delta State University, Abraka. Twitter & Instagram: @Charlessholokwu