15 Inspiring Leadership Quotes for Young Leaders
There’s a good reason leadership quotes are popular. A few lines can pack a lot of information that teach and inspire. Your goal should be to demonstrate the best qualities of a leader while encouraging the same from those who follow you. These are the top leadership quotes by experts across the globe.
NB: If I missed one of your favorite quote(s), please share it in the comment section. Thank you.
1. “The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” — Colin Powell
2. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
3. “Real leaders are not blinded by the trappings of power, but recognize their role as servant.” — Archbishop Desmond Tutu
4. “A leader is one who sees more than others see, who sees farther than others see and who sees before others see.” – Leroy Eimes
5. “You treat people with dignity and respect and they give it right back to you.” — Bill McDermott
6. “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” — Sheri L. Dew
7. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
8. “If people disobey, don’t ask what is wrong with them, ask what’s wrong with their leaders.” — Malcolm Gladwell
9. “Leadership that brings peace is far more courageous than the one which opens fire and goes for war.” — Asthma Jehangir
10. “The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on.” – Walter Lippmann
11. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”– President Ronald Reagan
12. “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.” — Mohandas Gandhi
13. “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” — John D. Rockefeller
14. “Earn your leadership every day.” – Michael Jordan
15. “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.” – John Buchan
I am the Founder and President of Young Leaders Arena. Formerly I was the Chief Editor and program co-ordinator at Walktall.
I am the author of the upcoming eBook; Success Recipe: Start up Tool-kit for exceptional business growth. I have written numerous articles on both leadership, business start up, entrepreneurship etc.
I obtained my post graduate from the prestigious University of Port Harcourt. I also have a Bachelors from the Delta State University, Abraka.
I have served as thought leader in many societies and organisations.
Feel free to send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org