“Success in life is not for those who run fast, but for those who keep running and always on the move.”- Bangambiki Habyarimana
Despite the fact that I had no experience, no money and no contacts whatsoever, looking to carve a niche for myself in the leadership environment became my major focus. Going forward with that mindset was all I could comprehend. So, over the next several years I volunteered myself to take up leadership positions in many societies and organisations. Dedication and learning became my number one priority.
I was slow on learning. The days were running so fast, the time wasn’t going with my learning pace but the main motivation I had was my commitment, and I was loving the process. The present events never bordered me. Though what lies ahead is uncertain, many hurdles keep surfacing, twists and turns are still inevitable, but my focus was centered on my destination. I kept moving forward. One foot after the other. The call for speed, the voices of the weak, the messages of the know-it-all, the gossips of the lazy minds, didn’t get me off my course.
My mantra is to walk at my pace, to learn all I can and to keep my gaze on the prize. As much as I keep on going forward, because I believe there’s a lot more to achieve and a great difference to make, the real breakthrough happened when I decided to go for what I wanted to become.
Quotes To Help Keep Your Eye On The Prize
1. “How can you know what you‘re capable of if you don’t embrace the unknown?” – Esmeralda Santiago
2. “At the very moment when people underestimate you is when you can make a breakthrough.”― Germany Kent
3. “An entrepreneur is a man who knows he can fail, but he does not accept to fail before he actually fails, and when he fails he learns from his errors and moves on.”― Bangambiki Habyarimana
4. “If you’re gonna make a change, you’re gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me.”– Tony Robbins
5. “When it’s your time you will walk right into your blessing.”― Germany Kent
6. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”– Helen Keller
7. “People Underestimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing.”– John Porter
8. “Don’t let the difficulties that come with your dream blur your vision of the prize ahead.”― Edmond Mbiaka
9. “If you focus on all that you could have been it will never be… but if you focus on who you are and what’s ahead you will always become.”― Johnnie Dent Jr.
10. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.”– Oprah Winfrey
11. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”– Thomas A. Edison
12. “Yes, I am your enemy, as I was in my other incarnations, but that is my nature, and it is something I cannot escape. As I am defeated today, I tell you to believe what you will. Just as you believe in yourself, your worst enemies believe in themselves”― E.G.Kardos
13. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”– Dr. Seuss
14. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”– Golda Meir
15. “Sight is precious than light.”― Kangoma Kindembo
I am the Founder and President of Young Leaders Arena. Formerly I was the Chief Editor and program co-ordinator at Walktall. Author of the upcoming Book; Success Recipe: Start up Tool-kit for exceptional business growth. I have written numerous articles on both leadership, business start up, entrepreneurship. I have served as thought leader in many societies and organisations, including the Forum on Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative. I obtained my post graduate from the prestigious University of Port Harcourt. I also have a Bachelors from the Delta State University, Abraka. Twitter & Instagram: @Charlessholokwu