Abraham Lincoln Quotes For Leadership Inspiration
Due to demands I have been able to put together these Abraham Lincoln quotes and sayings?
In 1861 Abraham Lincoln was elected as the 16th President of the United States of America, amidst being born into poor family. He is remembered as one of the best presidents in history. His story is an incredible one. As president, Lincoln led his people through the Civil War, the costliest war in the history of the U.S., and made major decisions on the Union war strategy. He fought for equal rights, liberty, and democracy. And in his days slavery was abolished.
Here I’ve compiled a list of Abraham Lincoln’s top 25 most inspiring quotes for leadership inspiration.
1. Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.
2. Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
3. Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
4. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
5. I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
6. That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
7. My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.
8. Whatever you are, be a good one.
9. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.
10. Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.
11. I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
12. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
13. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
14. There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
15. I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.
16. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
17. I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
18. Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.
19. All I have learned, I learned from books.
20. Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
21. I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.
22. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
23. I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
24. Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.
25. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
P.S: To get more LEADERSHIP INSIGHTS and more of Abraham Lincoln quotes, drop your email in the form below this post. Thanks you for dropping by our leadership platform. Please also share this post to your social media channel.